Subject: Re: A question of Marketing...
From: [email-masked] (Intelligent Light)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 08:12:44 -0800

>>In each section, between 1/3 and 1/2 of the companies listed advertise
>>that they provide computer animation services.  These are the companies
>>that pay a little extra, I guess, for the print ads (i.e. more than the
>>basic name and tel. # listing).
>
>>My question:  Has anyone successfully marketed their services to these
>>firms which advertise computer animation services?  Or do you
>>concentrate more on the businesses which don't seem to already have
>>in-house computer animation capabilities?
>
>I had the same problem!!! When I started to show my Demo around, I concentrate
>in the prod. houses that DIDN'T have animation facilities. After a month or
>so, I realised that most of them didn't have it because they didn't care about
>it (some looked like they didn't know what was the use of it!!!). So, I
>started to show my work to those who advertised animation facilities... Guess
>what!!! Since this is not a country where animation is spreaded all around,
>those supposed animation facilities where the most indicated for me because
>they HIRED freelance animators to do the job!!!
>
>And today, I got a phone call that I want to discuss with you... I will post
>another message telling about it... See the message with the 'Onyx' on the
>subject.
>
>Bye
>
>__________________________________________________________________________
>        __ _ _
>       /_ /|/|          2D and 3D Animation / Special Effects
>      /  /   |         http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~fmartins/
>      Graphics               (sorry, no english yet...)
>       Wizard!                 [email-masked]
>
>
>
Hello again F,

I have a video tape coming out soon called "How to Start Your Own Animation
Business". It coveres those areas you asked about as well as others you need
to know about. You can find out more by going to the Light Speed web page at:

http://www.webcom.com/lghtspd or send email to [email-masked]

Hope this helps, thanks.

Tom Rennen
Intelligent Light Digital Imaging
214-420-6815